Sun, 25 Jul 2021

How to retire in Spain?

14 Jun 2021, 19:17 GMT+10

There are already many retired people or those who are about to retire who choose Spain to live this new stage away from labour ties. A large part of this group comes from the United Kingdom now that it has separated itself from the EU, and this question has already been asked before: Can I retire to Spain from UK? The answer is yes, visa requirements have changed and become more cumbersome, and from My Spain Visa you can get all the necessary information you need for this big step.

It is a boutique in Spain specialising in Wealth Visa Spain with more than 8 years of experience. In fact, they are a digitally progressive team who dedicate the best immigration experts to ensure you receive the best guidance during all the process to achieve a successful resolution. You can send them all your enquiries and doubts within 24 hours and you will receive a viable response.

First of all, to clarify that British citizens must also go through the same process as any non-EU citizen. Thus, it is allowed to stay in the country of destination without a visa for 90 days in a period of 180. To extend this stay, a visa related to the conditions under which they have entered the country of destination must be requested. Thus, a British national who plan to retire as an expatriate in Spain, for example, will have to apply for a residence visa. In fact, two of the most common retirement visas today are: The Golden Visa and the Non-lucrative Visa.

In the case of a Non-lucrative Visa, the applicant must also be able to demonstrate a recurring income of at least €27,115.20 (€33,894 for a couple). In the case of Golden Visa applicants, the amount to prove is less, but they must be able to prove a capital of half a million in properties. At first, it seems that the non-lucrative visa is the best option, but the truth is that citizens who decide to retire in Spain and choose this option, will not be able to work or receive any type of income outside of retirement funds, for example, investments or similar. In addition, this visa requires a passport valid for one year, as well as a medical recommendation stating that the applicant is free of major and contagious diseases.

On the other hand, and in case the person concerned does not wish or does not plan to become a resident, the Schengen visa is the best and most useful option in that case. This visa allows regular visits to Spain, although the same 90-day rule applies every 180 days. Upon entry and exit of the country, the passport will be stamped. This visa operates within the Schengen area, the name given to countries participating in a free movement program.

In conclusion, if you do decide to move to Spain to live out your retirement years, you will find on the My Visa Spain website a lot of relevant information on how to buy a home, what kind of medical security you will find in this country and, after all, advice and suggestions, as well as comments and opinions from other people who have already taken the step and who can help you on this new journey.

More Virginia News

Access More

Sign up for Virginia State News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!